Wednesday, July 28, 2010

I'm taking the pledge, ARE YOU?

Image from PETA.org
 What pledge you might ask? I'm taking a pledge to go FUR-FREE!
Wearing fur has never been an issue for me. I don't like it, wouldn't wear it, and surely won't buy it. Today I realized it's not just about wearing fur... after doing a Google search on "fur" and "makeup brushes", what pops up? GOAT HAIR and SQUIRREL FUR. Disgusted? YES! I couldn't believe not only goat, but also SQUIRREL fur is being used in makeup brushes. Yuck. But what exactly prompted me to look further into this topic?

Simple, this video right here: http://www.peta.org/feat/ChineseFurFarms/index.asp  (WARNING: this video is EXTREMELY disturbing and gut-wrenching, showing the acts of animal cruelty performed at Chinese Fur Farms.)

Within the first few minutes I was sitting in front of my computer screen with watery eyes. I had to say a prayer. I honestly couldn't even make it halfway through that video because my stomach was turning and I was literally getting choked up just by viewing it. Just those first few minutes of watching brought so many emotions. I'm a mother, ANIMAL LOVER, and I don't believe that violence is the key to anything. Violence should not even be used to make a profit, period. All these emotions prompted me to do more research, look further into the products I'm using, and even sign the Peta Pledge. From this day on I refuse to support or purchase products that are produced by using animal cruelty.

"I say "NO" to the cruel and barbaric slaughter of millions of animals around the world for their skin. I say "NO" to fur coats, collars, trim, trinkets, cat toys, and other products made from the fur of animals as well as any other attempt to sneak fur into everyday items. I pledge to expose the truth about fur and to spread the word until we close down the international fur trade forever." -Peta Pledge



post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

If entering a giveaway be sure to include your email address in the comment.